"Whats the deal with Beachbody's newest program, 'The 21 Day Fix ?' Why is it all the rave? How does it work? What is it? How do I create a meal plan on the program? What are the color containers about?" These are all questions I get asked on a daily basis - and they're great questions! Here is a quick video of what the 21 Day Fix program is all about:
Amazing stuff, huh?! It truly is a fantastic program and it really does work. How do I know? I'm on the program too! In my first week alone, I lost 3.8 pounds and 6 inches. Yep. You read that right! And my clients? They've lost weight and inches too! With this program, losing weight truly has never been simpler. No more counting calories, carbs, or points. This program is centered around simple portion control and 30- minute workouts that anyone can do.
So, what is the 21 Day Fix?
It is a unique portion-control system that utilizes pre-portioned color-coded containers that you simply put your choice of food (from the food lists that match your colored containers) in the matching containers - if it fits, you can eat it! Combine this nutrition plan with one 30-minute workout per day and you can lose up to 15 pounds in 21 Days, all while learning proper portion control, healthy meal planning, workouts, and other life-long healthy lifestyle skills that will carry you beyond the 21 Days. You can even have wine and chocolate on this plan! (Can't beat that!) The program can be continued after the 21 Days, so don't let the name "21 Day Fix" fool you! You will learn the skills you need and see results in the first 21 days if you follow the plan - allowing you to learn those healthy habits and keep them going.
Who should use the 21 Day Fix? Men and women who:
- Want to lose weight
- Don't want to make long time committments
- Have tried and failed at complicated diet plans
- Don't want an extreme fitness program
- Have started their weight-loss journey with Shakeology
- Are new to fitness, dieting, and weight loss
- Don't like "off limits" diet plans or deprivation
Why should YOU use the 21 Day Fix?
- To finally lose the weight and keep it off
- To lose weight quickly before an event or vacation
- To learn what healthy portions really looks like
- To find out how easy portion control and weight loss can be
- To learn how to properly space your meals/snacks throughout the day
- To learn how to effectively and properly meal plan
- To make sure you get the proper nutrition when working out and trying to lose weight
- To take the guess-work out of figuring out your caloric needs to lose weight
What comes with the 21 Day Fix?
- 7 color-coded portion-control containers
- Shakeology shaker cup (newer, larger size!)
- 6 easy-to-follow 30 minute workouts that give you (on average) a 400 calorie, calorie burn per workout
- 21 Day Fix Start Here quickstart guide and workout calendar
- 21 Day Fix Eating Plan that shows you exactly what to do
- 3 Day Quick Fix Guide, Autumn's secret weapon for fast weight loss
- Dirty 30 Bonus Workout (my fave!)
- A FREE bonus workout - Plyo Fix- if you purchase through me and sign up to have ME be your personal beachbody coach.
- One month's supply of Shakeology if you purchase the program as a "Challenge Pack"
So, what exactly have I created? (Click on the items linked below to download)
- 21 Day Fix Program Tutorial - a step-by-step, all inclusive guide for everything "21 Day Fix"
- 21 Day Fix Meal Planner and Container Tracker (Daily & Weekly)
- 21 Day Fix Monthly Calendar (for the month of March)
Let's chat about what is in my 21 Day Fix Program Tutorial: What I've done is:
- Walked you all through the 5 steps listed in the Eating Plan. I have broken down each step - giving you explanations on what, why, and how for each step.
- Figured out how much each color container measures out to in cups* and ounces* so you can have a daily and weekly total for everything you need to eat. That way it makes it easier to plan out recipes, grocery shop, and meal prep in bulk. (*=approximate measurements). These measurements are included in an all inclusive chart broken down by color and calorie level.
- Created an all inclusive chart for ya'll to refer to for all those miscellaneous items youre allowed to have during various frequencies during the week. Those "1-2 times a day, 3 times a week, unlimited, etc" things that the program discusses were spread out across many pages making it hard to remember just what you can/can't have, how much and when, so I tried to make that easier for ya'll.
- Created a color coded chart showing you just what each color container represents in the food groups and its corresponding measurements.
- Discussed how to meal plan and gave you a sample of one day of my meal plan on the 21 Day Fix.
- Given you a reference list of the top 10 tips/thing to remember when using the 21 Day Fix.
I have figured out a way to track EVERYTHING you need to plan out AND track each day on the 21 Day Fix program. This PDF includes all 7 days of the week, so you'll want to print 3 copies to cover the entire 21 days of the program. Leave questions below (or email me) if you have questions on how to fill it out! HERES HOW THIS DAILY MEAL PLAN TRACKER WORKS:
- At the top of each daily calendar is the day of the week followed by "Day __/21" so you can fill in what day you're on, on the program. Next, I have already listed the workout of the day for each day. The workout of the day listed for each day of the week matches what is listed on your 21 Day Fix plan, so you never have to double check what workout you have to each day.
- Starting with the first column- thats merely a list of the meals/snacks scheduled for the day. Like I mentioned in my 21 Day Fix Program Tutorial, spacing your meals out across the day is crucial. Make sure to eat every 2-3 hours.
- Move one column to the right. Thats your "Meal" column. This is where you will write in what meal/snack you have planned.
- Now move to the "Container Combo" - this column represents the meal breakdown. There are multiple spaces available, so on each line write each color you use. (ie: 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green). As mentioned in my 21 Day Fix Program Tutorial, start by filling in the meals you'd like to have first. Figure out the containers it requires and fill in the remainder containers as your snacks.
- Now that you've listed your container combo, move one column to the right. This is your ingredients column. List out the ingredients you selected from the container list that correspond with your container combo. Make sure that you write in the ingredient on the same line that corresponds with whatever you placed on that same line in the container combo column. Why? Move to step 6.
- Move one more column to the right. This is you "measurement in cups" column. Write in the measurement in cups that corresponds with your container combo & ingredients columns. I've included this in your daily meal plan to help you all know just how much to cook - especially if you are doubling up on the same colored containers in the same meal.
- Now, the last three columns are for you to track your food. At the end of every meal, check yes or no under the Eat Everything column. Again, make sure all the lines match up. If you checked no, write in what you didn't finish under the left overs column. As you progress through the day make sure you eat those leftover items so that, by the end of the day, any leftovers you have will have a check mark under Yes in the "Eat leftovers" column.
- At the bottom left hand corner of every meal plan tracker, I have a daily breakdown reminder. This is where you will put your calorie level, daily container requirement for your calorie level, AND you required water intake.
- At the bottom right hand corner I have allotted spaces for any notes you may have from the day AND for you to write in your areas of strength and areas of improvement. Try including things about your mood, energy levels, and an overall summary of how the day went. Filling out these sections will be a great way for me to see just how to coach you and help you when you come to me with questions. Plus, its a great source of accountability and tracking for you.
Well, folks, I think that pretty much sums it up If you have any questions about the program, my tutorial or meal plan/container tracker, or would like me to be your Beachbody coach, please don't hesitate to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
....Until next time....